The most innovative film music competition in the world that focuses on Quality in Film Music and calls for all the undiscovered talented artists to finally get heard and discovered!Get Discovered
1. By entering the Competition you agree that you have read and understood these Rules and agree that you will be bound by them. You agree that Oticons can amend these rules at any time at its discretion.
2. Entry to the Competition is made via the official Competition web page: http://faculty.oticons.com and by following the instructions on the web page. Your entry will be considered complete when the payment of the required registration fee is successfully processed and received together with your Compositions that have been uploaded online to Oticons Faculty. For purposes of clarity for successfully entering the Competition you are required to register at the official Registration page: https://entries.oticons.com by paying the Early-bird fee of 65 Euros or the Normal fee of 100 Euros and by submitting your Compositions online at the official Submissions page: https://entries.oticons.com/login. Compositions that are incorrect or incomplete will be void. No refund of the Registration Fee will be made. Oticons reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual for any reason.
3. As recipient of a personal registration ID you have access to the submission platform by logging in with the e-mail address you registered with and your personal registration ID that was generated upon your successful registration (login data). You are responsible for any activity that occurs under the use of your login data. Only you may access the submission platform to upload the respective files for the completed assignments You are not permitted to share your login data with any third parties and are obliged to store the login data safely in order to prevent any unauthorised access.
4. Any content made accessible through the platform, and in particular the script and the brief files for Assignment #3, may not be shared with any third parties and is for the non-commercial use for the purpose of the Oticons Faculty Assignments and/or related tasks only. For this purpose Oticons grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access the platform and view its content. Except for the foregoing, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you.
5. Entries for the Competition must be submitted to Oticons by the closing date of 28th February at 12 p.m. UTC as specified on the Assignments page, in respect of Assignments #1, 2 and 3. Oticons Faculty Jury with its President will make a first selection and narrow down the Competition shortlist to the best 20 submitted entries. The 20 finalists will submit Assignment #4 within 5 days of notification and the Winners will be announced in the first week of April, subject to any change in the entire discretion of Oticons and the Jury. Judging will be made on the basis of listed criteria on which the Jury members will decide. The Winners will be announced by Oticons via publication on their website. The Winners will further be contacted by email or telephone directly by Oticons with a request that each Winner provide proof of identity.
6. The Competition is open to citizens of any country.
7. Oticons reserves the right to cancel and/or extend the Competition or to the extent as may be necessary amend these rules without notice. No liability shall attach to Oticons as a result of any such cancellation or extension.
8. Oticons is under no obligation to make any use of any submitted Composition.
9. You retain all ownership of any materials you submit to the Competition but by entering the Competition and in consideration of Oticons’ examination of your Compositions and the opportunity presented thereunder you hereby irrevocably grant Oticons the following non-exclusive licences:
9.1 In respect of all entrants to the Competition, the right to circulate your Assignments #1, 2, 3 and 4 to the Jury for the Competition;
9.2 In respect of the top 10 finalists for Assignment #3 (Envision the Notes), the right for Oticons to sub-license your Assignment #3 to the producers of the feature film associated with Assignment #3. The form of such sub-licence shall be a “synchronisation licence” and you shall be granted an “Additional Music by” credit in connection with such use. You shall also receive any synchronisation licence fee which Oticons secures on your behalf. For the avoidance of doubt Oticons makes no guarantee that the producers of the associated feature film shall license your Assignment #3 or that they will pay a synchronisation licence fee.
9.3 In respect of the top 10 finalists for the Competition, the right for Oticons, at its discretion, to include any or all of your Assignments #1, 2, 3 and 4 on a soundtrack album (the “Album”), to be exploited in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter invented. In the event that one or more of your Assignments is selected for the Album you shall re-work and re-submit the selected Assignment(s) according to Oticons’ specifications. You shall be entitled to Your Proportion of 50% of Oticons’ net income from the exploitation of the Album less any third-party costs and expenses incurred by Oticons in connection with such exploitation. “Your Proportion” shall mean that proportion of 50% the net income actually received by Oticons which is attributable to your Assignments (calculated based upon the proportion that the duration of your Assignments bears to the total duration of the Album; by way of illustration if the Album comprised 5 minutes of material by you and 20 minutes of material by other entrants to the Competition, you would receive 20% of 50% of Oticons’ net income). For the avoidance of doubt nothing in this Clause requires Oticons to create the Album or to select your Assignments for inclusion in the Album and Oticons does not guarantee that you will receive any income from the Album.
9.4 In respect of the top 20 finalists for the Competition, the right for Oticons, at its discretion, to include any or all of your Assignments #1, 2, 3 and 4 on the Oticons Sync Catalogue (the “Catalogue”), to be licensed in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter invented. Upon mutual agreement and written consent by you, in the event that one or more of your Assignments is selected for the Catalogue you shall be requested to sign an Administrating Rights Agreement of said Assignments and assign Oticons as your exclusive administrator of their copyrights. You shall then be requested to re-work and re-submit the selected Assignment(s) according to Oticons’ specifications. For the avoidance of doubt nothing in this Clause requires Oticons to select your Assignments for inclusion in the Catalogue.
9.5 In respect of the top 20 finalists for the Competition, the right for Oticons to use any or all of your Assignments #1, 2, 3 and 4, in whole or in part, without any payment or royalty to you (or any third party) for the sole purpose of marketing or promoting, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter invented, the Competition, future competitions run by Oticons or Oticons itself. In the event that Oticons uses any of your material pursuant to this Clause, you shall receive a “Music by” credit but you shall not be entitled to any payment, fee, royalty or monetary income whatsoever.
10. You represent and warrant to Oticons that each Composition supplied by you does not violate the rights of any third party including but not limited to copyrights, performance rights, moral rights, trademark rights and/or any other intellectual property rights and each Composition supplied by you is not false, deceptive, misleading, defamatory or otherwise violate any laws. No Composition supplied by you contains any unclear examples, interpretations or other material, shall be original work by you and will have all necessary rights, licences, consents and permissions for use and authorize Oticons to use any and all copyrights, performance rights and/or other intellectual property rights in and to the Composition.
12. The Winners will receive the prizes specified on http://faculty.oticons.com/how/awards. The decisions of Oticons and the Jury will be final and there will be no appeal. Winners acknowledge and agree that:
12.1 The costs of the Awards shall be covered by Oticons but Oticons shall not cover any personal, “per diem” or travel expenses except where specifically stated to the contrary in the Official Rules. In the event of transcontinental flights due to the Winners' principal place of residence in connection with the location of the Festivals of the Awards, Oticons will only cover the cost with offering up to 500 Euros.
12.2 Immediate Music LLC. President, Yoav Goren, will be the sole judge in selecting the Winner(s), if any, that will receive the prize "Epic Composers Selection", as specified on http://faculty.oticons.com/how/awards. All costs involved in such specified Award will be covered by Immediate Music LLC. and all decisions about them shall be at Immediate Music's discretion.
12.3 In the event that any Winner is unable or chooses not to participate in his/her Award for any reason, his/her status as a Winner will remain unaffected.
13. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law you hereby agree to release and hold harmless Oticons, affiliates, agents, representatives and prize partners, the Jury and any other party from any claims, actions, injury of any kind incurred in connection with the Competition.
14. The rules and this Competition are governed by the laws of England and Wales.